The historic center of the village has old buildings, several fountains, views and characteristic traditional home building “le cort”, in the lower part has a bar and a grocery store. The little church of Piano is dedicated to San Giuseppe and overlooks the main square. Among the historical buildings we can mention Casa Podetti “Bernardèi”, that has an important ashlar portal in stone and decorated interior. Piano was the birthplace of Pietro Bernardelli (1803/1868), a well-known jurist and politician of his time.
On the right bank of the Noce river is the artisan area and, further west, the locality “Le Giare". In this area there are two farms, one of which is newly built.